Saturday, September 08, 2007

I've Seen 3:10 TO YUMA


"Hey Christian, have you ever seen the movie Broke Back Mountain?"

I know that the title might suggest that the movie is about a fat kid who posts himself on YouTube singing the Hungarian dance classic "Numa Numa", but it isn't.

It's about a dirt poor rancher (Christian Bale) who will be paid a whopping $200 if he delivers an extremely dangerous wanted felon (Russell Crowe) to a train that leaves at 3:10 pm to Yuma, Arizona. It's a wonderful place where criminals are hung from trees like Christmas lights.

The cast for the main characters were great. Crowe played his antagonist role extremely well. It wasn't over the top, but subdued. Eventually, I even grew to like Russell's cold blooded character. I guess I'm sick that way. And nobody can do a better American accent than Christian Bale - not even the great John Wayne.

I highly recommend this film if you like exceptional Westerns.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home